Monday, June 23, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! (Week 3)

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing blog hop that posts every Monday. If you're interested in joining us you can find out more here!



Sorry I'm late! I had to wait til I got home to get the favorite line from my manuscript, and then I had a headache so I just passed out. Oops.

How I Did On Last Week's Goals
I am certain I exceeded my word count goal, but outlining turned into just writing by hand and I haven't transferred the last chapter from my journal to the computer, so I don't have an exact count. I did complete Matt's bio and outlining has been fabulous!

My Goals for this Week
  • Add 4,000 words to The Homecoming Court (getting close to my 10,000 word month goal!)
  • Keep writing ahead/outlining by hand

A Favorite Line From My Story
Super rough, obviously, but...

"Her face softened again. He recognized the pity in her eyes. It was the same look his aunt had given him before shipping him off to the Military Academy, so he knew what was coming next."


The Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week
Getting myself to actually type up the draft. Outlining turned into really rough drafting, so then I add/change things when I go to type it up, but I just wanted to keep moving forward by hand. Hence why the last chapter hasn't been typed up yet!


Something I Love About My WIP
How well I know my characters. I'm still learning, but I can tell that the time I took to work out their basic backgrounds is making the writing come more naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment