Monday, June 16, 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! (Week 2)

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing blog hop that posts every Monday. If you're interested in joining us you can find out more here!


How I Did On Last Week's Goals:
I added just over 3,000 words to The Homecoming Court, meaning I successfully met my word count goal! I also have a pretty good idea of what the first event in the competition is going to be, though I'm still hammering out all the gritty details. I did finish Erin's character bio but I did not make it to Matt's; but that's okay because he wasn't in either of the chapters I worked on this week.

Goals for this Week: 
  • Add at least 3,000 words to The Homecoming Court & shoot for closer to 4,000 if I can
  • Write Matt's character Bio
  • Start outlining ahead of where I'm writing so I don't have to outline after every chapter
A Phrase That Sums Up What I Wrote:
Bad first impressions and a new dilemma from an old tragedy.

Biggest Writing Challenge I Faced This Week:
About half way through the week I suddenly wanted to do 1,000 things, so it was hard to get myself to sit down and write for longer than 20 minutes at a time.

Something I Love About My WIP:
I am just really in love with the basic premise; its like the love child of normal homecoming and the Tri Wizard Tournament from Harry Potter. I'm really excited to get to start writing scenes from the actual competition itself.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, bad first impressions- so hard to overcome! Best wishes on meeting your goals this week- you can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you described your WIP as "the love child of normal homecoming and the Tri Wizard Tournament from Harry Potter." So great! Have a fabulous writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This: "Start outlining ahead of where I'm writing so I don't have to outline after every chapter" I did that last week, outlining several scenes ahead, and it really helped me stay productive last week. Sounds like a great plan! And 3000 words is AWESOME!

    I love the premise and how you described it! I hope you accomplish all your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete