Sunday, June 1, 2014

Its June!!

Today is the first day of June and the writer in me is starting this month off running!

Last month. We don't really need to talk about last month. Its in the past guys.



Last month I did not complete any of my goals. I am only half way through Game of Thrones, I've probably written 4,000 words tops of The Homecoming Court, and I obviously did not post even once a week most of the month.

And that is fine.

I'm a person who appreciates my schedule. So when the basic aspects of my daily life get disrupted, say for example when I go from being a full time student to not having class for 4 months, it throws me off a bit. It takes me a little while to get my footing.

But now it is JUNE. And now I am ready for a super productive month of reading, writing, and blogging.

GOALS FOR JUNE:
1. Write at least 10,000 words of The Homecoming Court
2. Read 3 books. Any books.
3. Post to the diaries at least once a week.
4. Launch my new blog!



Yes you read that correctly. This month I will be launching a new blog. This project is a big part of why I fell so far behind with everything else this past month.

I am starting a new blog called Her Story Rewritten where I will talk about the importance of representation in popular culture as well as deconstructing problematic (or awesomely progressive!) representations of gender in popular culture and the implications those representations have for society. This is a topic I'm very passionate about and I'm super excited to get to share that passion and hopefully start some productive conversations as well. You can read a bit more about this upcoming project here! I hope you'll join me!

Now then. Today I'm off to work on character bios. I love watching my characters go from names on a page to living breathing people; it makes them so much more interesting to write about! I'm feeling super motivated and I'm ready to work! And of course, that also means having a productive space to work in, right?

That can only mean one thing....


BLANKET FORT!!

I've really been hurting because I do not currently have a desk, so I needed to do something to change my work space up. What you think?

What are your goals for the next month? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Writing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some fiiine goals there, missy. 10,000 words, too! How exciting! I really hope you can achieve everything you want to in June, especially with the new blog coming - it sounds amazing, I can't wait to see what you'll put up!

    Also, blanket forts are the actual best invention. Go Katie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping! I'm still working out character bios right now so I'll have a little catching up to do, but it is definitely worth it! The better I understand them the easier they are to write:)

      I'm so excited but also a bit overwhelmed? haha Its just such a large project I don't even know where to start!

      And yes. yes they are. It was a great choice I regret nothing lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I love your blanket fort! I used to write in those when I was little and just writing random fanfics and stuff, I totally need to try that! And good luck on your new blog project, I'll read it. :)

    ReplyDelete