Thursday, April 3, 2014

Romantic Flop Blog Hop!


I COMPLETELY TOTALLY ALMOST FORGOT!

The fabulous Krista McLaughlin, whose blog you can and should find right HERE, self published her first novel Breathless on April 1! How exciting, right? I think I need a moment.


Okay. Okay. I'm good. Back to business!

To celebrate her book release, Krista is hosting the Romantic Flop Blog Hop! Participants have to share a romantic flop story either of their own or made up. In honor of this momentous occasion I have decided to share the fantastic story of mine and Joe's attempt at a first state. I don't really consider it a "flop" because it was still a great day and it has a happy ending because 4+ years later we're still going strong, but it certainly went the exact opposite as planned much to Joe's dismay. I'm gonna shorten it quite a bit for all of your sakes, so here's the basic story:

Joe and I had planned to go see Sherlock Holmes because everyone was raving about it.


So. He picked me up in his little red olds mobile achieva and we headed to the movie theater. We made it down a whole 2 streets before the steering started acting up and the hood started smoking just a tad. For a second we sorta just looked at each other like


and then we made the educated assumption that that was probably not a great sign...so we turned around a started headed back towards his house. 

We were close. We really were. But the car gave up a few houses down from his.  So we got to push it the rest of the way down the road.

At this point in the story I should probably mention that it was December. It was snowy and cold and an all around unfortunate day for your car to break down.

We finally got the car into the driveway. And nobody else was home. So we had no way of either fixing the car or borrowing a different one to go to the movie- or to get me back home for that matter. So we hung out inside and watched about half Count of Monte Cristo before his Mom got home. Being the super intelligent people we are we decided to give it another try. Maybe the problem magically fixed itself right?

We made it to the exact same house down the street before the steering went out. We were mid turn around when it died. We could not get the car into neutral so we couldn't even push it. Now see, Joe had already planned to officially ask me out after the movie, so you can imagine his joy at having his car die not once but twice on this all important day. Personally I found the whole thing a tad hilarious. These things just sort of happen to me. But he was not impressed.

Eventually we managed to get it into neutral, I don't remember how, and get it back to his house. We did not get to see the movie that day, but he still asked me out, I still said yes, and over 4 years later it is still one of my favorite memories <3


This is a pic from our 4 year anniversary, also the 4th anniversary of our failed attempt to see Sherlock Holmes. We hope you got a chuckle out of our fantastic "flop!"

Do you have any funny dating stories, flop or otherwise? Tell me all about it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I love your "flop" - it's adorable how it actually turned out quite well, despite the car being against you both! Thanks so much for sharing about my book release and sharing your wonderful story! :)

    ReplyDelete