Sunday, April 20, 2014

P is for Pippin!

Oh gosh finals are getting to me. This week might be a bit sketchy, but I am determined to make it to Z!

Now then: PIPPIN!



Pippin has the reputation of being the..less than bright member of the group. And sure, he gets himself into trouble an awful lot, and he makes his (and maybe a few other people's) share of mistakes.





But he is also a loyal friend. He is courageous and determined and sometimes so so intelligent. A lot of his mistakes come from simply being curious and can you really fault him that? He is naive and a little bit ridiculous sometimes, but when it comes down to things he refuses to give up. He plays a huge part in the victory over Isengard by getting Treebeard to see everything that Saruman has done to the forest. He lights the beacon that brings Rohan to Gondor's aid. And he joins his friends to distract the powers of Mordor from Frodo, which is almost certainly suicide.

I could write a book on all the reasons Pippin is a fantastic character. Maybe I will someday. But this will have to do for now. Do you love Pippin as much as I do?

6 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with Pippin but I enjoyed reading your take on him. Good luck with the exams!

    a-a
    donnaalam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should TOTALLY write a book on Pippin! I would buy it and demand an autographed copy for sure! Gosh I love the MerPip, I honestly don't know what LoTR would be like without them. When he's in Gondor is when I think I loved him most - especially when he talks to Faramir about Boromir <3 Such a sweetheart! Best of lucks with the exams, eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from the A-Z list to say "Hi" and good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and upbeat character. Nice to meet and connect through atozchallenge. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!

    Please visit my blog, http://www.thatgirlybookworm.blogspot.ca

    I'm also participating in the A-Z Challenge and my theme focuses on books and their titles. The titles begin with the letter of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the finals went well and you'll be back to finish up the challenge....you're close. Not into scary movies; but lots of folks are. Probably more are then aren't.
    Here for a-z Sandy at Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete