Wednesday, April 16, 2014

M is for Margaery Tyrell

Okay so I considered making my "M" character Mulan, but I have already written rather extensively on everything that is perfect about that movie. You can find my fangirling post about Mulan HERE!

This post is mostly spoiler free however there is one minor detail I could not avoid so if you have not seen through Season 3 Episode 3 and do not wish for any foresight I would avoid the post.

Now then. Onto My lady Margaery Tyrell.



Oh how I love thee. Let me count the ways.

Margaery is a woman who knows what she wants and will do whatever it takes to get it. And what Margaery wants is to be queen. Not a queen. The queen.



She is wicked smart and knows exactly what to say and what to do to get what she wants. She is exceptionally manipulative, but in all the best ways. She plays Joffrey like a fiddle, time and time again.



She wants him to fall for her, but she also wants to rein him in. She does not share his cruelty. Quite to the contrary, she does quite a lot of work with the poor and with orphanages once she arrives in King's Landing. She might be manipulative, but she would make a damn good queen. And she knows it.

She is also amazingly sassy and I love her dearly for it. Look at this face, I mean




She also has little patience for his cruelty. She hates watching him torture people, but she knows she cannot openly speak out against him. She needs to manipulate him when possible, and when she can't, she does her best to distract him by keeping his focus on her.




^^That is probably my favorite line of her's oh my god it was brilliant.

Basically Margaery knows what she wants and she understands the system well enough to get it. She knows just what to say and what to do to get things to work out in her favor. And I love her for it. Because she is not just some power hungry character who wants to rule for the sake of ruling. She would make a fantastic queen. If anyone has a shot of watering down Joffrey, its her.

3 comments:

  1. God I adore Natalie Dormer. She is such an amazing actress; I haven't seen GoT yet but I'm so excited to see her burn Joffs-dawg from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiance adores her crooked little smile. I love her sass. Her grandmother is amazing and it seems clear that's where she got her heaviest influence from. The Queen of Thorns is the grandmother we all need. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Margaery! My boyfriend keeps saying that she's too good for this world and she must have an evil plot...but I think even if her main motivation was just to become Queen and she has manipulative ways - at the end of the day she's still helping the poor and being one face of kindness for King's Landing.

    ReplyDelete