Sunday, March 2, 2014

March Goals

Okay so as you may have noticed from my lack of existing at the Diaries, my goals got a little off track last month. But, of course, that is the beauty of making goals instead of resolutions; as long as I keep working towards those goals I never actually fail!

I am very proud to say that despite everything that has been going on in the life of Katie over the past month, I have stubbornly stuck to my goal of writing every single day. There were many some days that I wrote less than 300 words, but the point is I have made some progress every single day. And after two months of writing every day I have written more words of my current WIP than I have ever written on any project before. My current total stands at 25,240 words. It might not be much to some people, but for me this is a huge accomplishment and I am so proud of myself for sticking with it!

Now then, onto my Goals for March!
  1. Finish at least one book that is NOT for a class (its embarrassing how difficult this goal will probably end up being..)
  2. Write another 10,000 words of my still sadly untitled WIP
  3. Post at least once a week to the Diaries (I've decided that perhaps my initial goal of twice a week was a bit ambitious given my course load this semester; so lets try again!)
  4. Start role playing as Tegan and Ariadne on Tumblr  to get to know them better
Do you have any goals for the month of March? I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like you have surpassed me in my writing goals. My plans for the beginning of the year where I woke up at the butt crack of dawn burned me out. I'm hoping to get back in the game during March. The first draft of this book will be written by the end of the year. I am going to make it happen.

    I feel you on the book thing. I've been trying really hard to stay on top of my reading list, but I'm already falling behind. It was a great plan until life got in the way. Here's hopping we can both finish at least on book this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life does have a nasty habit of doing that! I haven't finished a book yet this year except for the ones I've had to read for class. I just spend soo much time reading for class that it becomes the last thing I want to do in my free time :/

      And like I said some days I honestly wrote about 200 words, haha. But even the tiniest amounts of progress add up!

      Delete
  2. That's a great accomplishment! Don't compare your writing pace to others. Everyone writes at a different pace! Those are some great goals - good luck!

    ReplyDelete