Monday, July 8, 2013

Camp Nano: Week One

We are now a week into Camp NaNoWriMo and I am like 4000 words behind target. But that's okay because I have a plan. I'm shooting to write 2000 words every day. I only need to write 1700 a day to finish on time so the extra words will give me some padding in case another unexpectedly busy day appears.

I thought I'd share a little of what it is I'm working on for NaNo. It is a completely new story idea and I have to say I'm really super excited about it. Unfortunately my current synopsis doesn't give you a ton of understanding of the general plot, but it does give a pretty good idea of the world I'm working in. For now, I'll leave you with that and let you imagine where I might take it :)



Hacked:

For most, <WORLD> is a perfect utopia. There is no crime. There is no poverty. It is a simple, peaceful life without want or worry.
When a person turns 17 they are Tested. Their test results determine their entire future: who they will marry, their job, how many kids they will have, where the will live, everything. Once it is all decided, each person has a chip implanted into the base of their neck. This chip contains all the knowledge and skills they will need for the life they have been designated.
But sometimes the chip doesn’t take. Sometimes a person will desire a life different than what they have been assigned. These people are called Hackers. They are a threat to <WORLD>’s perfect society. And when they are discovered, they are removed.
<WORLD> is a perfect utopia. It is a simple peaceful life without want or worry. Unless, of course, you are Hacked.



I should probably mention that the city is not actually called <WORLD>...I just needed a place holder until I come up with the name.

So, are any of you busy with Camp NaNoWriMo as well? What're you all working on? I'm dying to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment