Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dear Diaries Blogfest

Hey everyone! So as I mentioned in my last post I have decided to host a blogfest in celebration of reaching 100 followers! For the blogfest all participants will turn their blog into a diary for a day by posting 100 random facts about themselves. The idea is to let readers know more about the writers and to make some new friends via similar quirks and favorites. Hope you'll join us!

Okay 100 things ready go!

1. My full name is Katie Elizabeth Conigliaro.
2. My favorite color is limegreen.
3. I love disney movies: Winnie the Pooh and Mulan are my favorite<3
4. Out of my 3 best friends from Grand Valley, I met 2 of them via mutual Doctor Who obsessions.
5. No matter how amazing the next Doctors may be, I will always miss David Tennant.
6. I love Sherlock.
7. I am both a feminist and gay rights activist. I feel very strongly about both.
8. I can quote every single line in Mulan and How to Train Your Dragon.
9. I have an amazing boyfriend named Joe who I have been with for 2 and a half years.
10. I have a beta fish named Capfin Jack. He got his name because Joe and I had a Pirates marathon the day I got him.
11. I will never turn down a slurpee. Ever.
12. I love converse. As soon as one pair wears out I buy a new one; I'm going on year 3 with my current pair.
13. I am absolutely terrified of snakes; needless to say I had multiple heart attacks watching the final Harry Potter movies.
14. My absolute best friend is Kortnee Henski. We've been friends since I was like a year old.
15. I absolutely adore Jennifer Lawrence; I'm pretty sure she's a perfect human being.

16. Kortnee is petrified of owls because of a scary story I told her when we were little.
17. I do not identify with any religion nor do I identify as an Atheist.
18. I am addicted to anime and I'm not afraid to admit it.
19. I absolutely love Fullmetal Alchemist - both original and Brotherhood.
20. If I could do anything in the world without money being an issue it would be to travel. I want to see everything<3
21. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time pretty much sums up my childhood.
22. I am only roughly 16 cards away from owning all 151 original pokemon cards.
23. I'm studying Japanese.
24. My favorite musical of all time is Chicago.
25. I've never left the country. :(
26. I love boots. So much. Last summer Mom gave me the choice between a gorgeous pair of leather boots and a new comforter for college. I took the shoes.
27. I'm dual majoring in Creative Writing and English Language and Literature.
28. I'm planning to minor in Women and Gender Studies
29. For my study abroad I want to go to India next summer and volunteer for the Women Empowerment Program
30. After I graduate I want to take a gap year to travel and volunteer all around the world. I then want to write a book about the entire experience.
31. I'm 5'2 and quite proud of it.
32. Kortnee and I are planning to get matching Pooh Bear tattoos this summer.
33. I'm also pretty sure Tom Hiddleston is a perfect human being.
34. I can be a tad impulsive.
35. I can't draw to save my life but I can color in the lines like a pro.
36. I'm currently working on my first ever contemporary story.
37. I LOVE Mackinac Island Fudge Ice Cream.
38. I'm very sad that spell-check tried to change that to Mackinaw.
39. I love sushi and I'm a boss with chopsticks.
40. Much to Joe's dismay, I remember everything. Always.
41. Severus Snape and Aragorn are my favorite characters of all time.
42. I think everyone should be required to read Thirteen Reasons Why in high school.
43. I know every word to the Candy Mountain song from the first Charlie the Unicorn video...


44. I have a steam-punk necklace I bought at ren fest last summer (necklace in my picture up top) that I wear everywhere because it feels like a little piece of fantasy I can keep with me all the time.
45. Ham and pineapple pizza is delicious.
46. I have number 128 of 1000 signed collector's editions of Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
47. I put peanut butter on my waffles - its the only thing I'll eat peanut butter with.
48. I am in love with Edward Elric, Colonel Roy Mustang, and Greed/Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
49. Almost all of my main characters seem to inherit one of my weird quirks unintentionally.
50. I buy books much faster than I can read them.
51. Cannoli are among the most amazing things ever created by man.
52. I prefer to write down ideas and story planning as opposed to typing them. It makes for a much more open creative process, I think.
53. I make a mean baked potato.
54. I just read Looking for Alaska (and can I just say I was so not prepared for the emotional trauma that book put me through) and now plan to buy every book John Green has ever and will ever write. It is an absolutely beautiful book.
55. It seems like every time I get a cool idea for one of my books I end up reading/seeing something remarkably similar to it right afterwards and then I get really sad.
56. I prefer reading and writing (and doing homework) outside which is my excuse for being so lazy in the winter.
57. I own all 10 seasons of Friends and I've seen every episode about 100 times.
58. I put salt on my watermelon - go ahead and judge.
59. I run another blog about how I view the world called A Dandelion Project.
60. My favorite gum flavor is the orange stride which no one seems to sell.
61. I hate Chinese food.
62. Except for wonton soup. That is delicious.
63. Don't tell me its weird that I hate Chinese food but love Japanese food. They are not the same.
64. I work as a writing consultant on campus.
65. I started writing in 3rd grade.
66. I am a journal addict and I will one day be the founder of journals anonymous.
67. For like the past week I've watched The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh while trying to fall asleep. Yes, I am 19. Why do you ask?
68. I love the kind of books that make you wish you could sit down and talk to the author.
69. The only time I'm awake at 7am is if I haven't fallen asleep from the day before yet.
70. I always take the tabs off my pop cans.
71. My wrists are ridiculously small.
72. My ears are almost slightly pointed so I always tell people I'm a descendent of Arwen.
73. I have a replica Ocarnia of Time that Joe's family got me for Christmas last year.
74. My Nook cover is designed to look like River Song's journal from Doctor Who.
75. I like sweat pants that I can fit 3 of me in.
76. It makes me laugh when people tell me I can't do anything with a double major in writing and English because I'm overwhelmed by all the directions I have to choose from after college.
77. I really love wearing knee-high socks with shorts.
78. Aside from knee-highs or fuzzy socks I rarely wear socks except in the winter when I have no choice.
79. I didn't realize just how much of a literature geek I was until I got to college.
80. If a movie came out before the 90s I probably haven't seen it.
81. I hated 2001: A Space Odyssey but I still often quote it: "I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
82. I can speak quite fluently in movie quotes and Eddie Izzard lines.
83. Have I mentioned how much I adore Eddie Izzard? Because I do.
84. People used to always think I was younger than I am and now every one always thinks I'm older than I am. I have no idea why.
85. I prefer planning story ideas in pen to pencil because I prefer scratching out to erasing. Its still there, it was still important, its just not being used in that form anymore.
86. I am incapable of curling my hair.
87. I just love meeting and becoming friends with other writers like me. I've even gained a pen-pal with one:)
88. If I could play any part in any musical ever it would be Velma Kelly from Chicago without a second thought.
89. My second choice would be Maureen from Rent.
90. Ignorance is something I simply cannot tolerate.
91. When I hiccup I actually say hiccup and I almost always hiccup 3 times after I eat. Why? Who knows?
92. I love roller coasters but I get really anxious while waiting in line.
93. My sophomore year of high school our football team made it to the semi-finals so I got to march Spartan Stadium which, even though I'm a Michigan fan, was pretty cool.
94. I have a bit of a minecraft addiction.
95. Joe and I once (or twice...) watched all 3 of the extended edition Lord of the Rings movies all in one day...that was a really really long day..
96. I am in love with the chicken and pesto sandwiches at Fuel, a food place on campus.
97. I have about 20 different laughs and I have no idea where they all came from.
98. I would like to go to graduate school for like 3 different things.
99. Marvel is 100 times better than DC. Its just a fact.
100. More than anything I want my words to change the world.

That was a bit harder than I was expecting it to be! There we are, though. 100 random facts about me, myself, and I:) I hope you'll join the blogfest so we can all get to know each other a bit better! As hard as it was it was fun trying to think of things to list.

Want to join? Just post your list of 100 things (or as many as you were able to think of, haha) and add the link to the post in the list below! I know I said the fest would go through July but since I started it half way through the month and the posts take awhile to come up with I think I'll extend it through August. Hope you'll join!

I'm also happy to announce that my blogger hiatus is officially over and I will be returning to the Diaries, however I will be making some changes, but that is for another post :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow, 100 is a lot - but I'm gonna do it! Off to work on it now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...goodnesssakesalive.

    WE ARE SO MUCH ALIKE. I will list all of the numbers I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH:
    2, 3, 5, 6, 11, 12, 20, 21 (YES), 25 (sadly), 35, 40, 41, 44 (I love steampunk too! But I don’t have a necklace), 49 (ALWAYS), 52, 55, 61, 68 (ABSOLUTELY), 78 (I hate socks most of the time, knee highs are epic), 80, 86 (my hair hates curls), 87 (same!), 90 (ignorance, blugh!), 98 (me too! Writing, Psychology, Law Enforcement!) 100 YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See this is why I thought this would be fun hehe. My graduate school dilema is between writing, english lit, and women and gender studies. But I don't plan to go straight to graduate school after college so I'll figure it out:)

      Another David Tennant fan<3<3 ALONS-Y!

      I look forward to reading your post:)

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I agree with 60. :( On a completely unrelated topic, I'm a Doctor who fan too! You probably don't want to hear ever little comment I have about each number, so I just said the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think anyone else had my plight with stride! It makes me so sad. There is one store on campus that sells it that is of course straight on the opposite side of where I am. I usually just go once and stock up for the semester lol.

      Doctor Who is fabulous. I'm SO excited for the new season<3

      Delete
    2. I hope you don't wait a long time before your next post, because I'm enjoying reading them. :)

      Delete
  4. Aragorn - ah, he is beautiful. :) I knew he would make the list! I wish I had Arwen ears! I've had an extended edition marathon one day. I ended up writing through part of two towers because Frodo and Sam wandering around gets a little long.

    Also, I've been to Mackinac Island and I love their fudge. Best part of the island, though we rode back in a storm on the top deck and got soaked. That was awesome. :)

    I love roller coasters, but waiting makes me wanna forget I like them and I am incapable of curling my hair too.

    Fun list! And again, congratulations on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Booooots! Omg I have a boot obsession like crazy. o.O
    I would have picked the boots over the blanket too. Pssh. Who needs to be warm while they sleep when they can have a pair of new awesome kicks? And converse too! Whoop! ^-^

    John Green is awesome. I read The Fault in Our Stars and that is one of my faves of the year. Loved it. I cried. A lot. I haven't read Looking For Alaska yet, but I've also made the same vow to buy and read everything he ever writes and has written.

    Some great facts up there about you! I enjoyed reading them. This looks like fun. I'm a bit behind on getting around to everyone's blogs lately. I still may do this sometime anyway with a link back to you. ;) Congrats on your 100 followers! :)

    <3
    Pixie
    pixielynnwhitfield.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with almost everything Dr Who is awesome and i participated here is mine. Btw congrats about your followers, i am a new blogger and would appreciate any advice on how to get followers.

      http://www.skyrosereviews.com/2012/08/dear-diary-blogfest.html#.UB8H9PaPVEI

      Delete
  6. Just linked! Awesome idea for a blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That was an awesome list! I have such a hard time coming up with facts about myself for lists like these, but yours were great!

    Feel like doing 15 more? I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! :)
    Check out my post here:
    http://pidginpeasbooknook.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete