Monday, July 9, 2012

Dear Diaries Blogfest and an Important Announcement!

I am so late with this post! /smacks wrist Bad, bad Katie.

After only 7 months of blogging (only?) I have reached the 100 follower mark! Thank you so much to all of you who have chosen to support and follow me on this journey. I truly appreciate your support and interest more than you could know.

This blog has come a long way in a mere 7 months. It is certainly no where near where it started, but I love the turns it has taken and what it has turned into. I have already met some amazing people through blogging and I am sure there are more new friends waiting out there; I look forward to meeting you all!

I think my favorite part about the experience so far has been meeting so many people and learning who they are. It's kind of crazy if you think about it. We all follow so many people and read so many of their posts, but we don't really know all that much about most of them. And so, in order to celebrate, I have decided to try something that I hope will be kinda fun.

Introducing the first Dear Diary Blogfest! Everyone who chooses to participate in this blogfest will turn their own blog into a diary for one post by sharing 100 random facts about themselves. The idea is to let everyone get to know the person behind the blogs they follow a bit better and I'm hoping it will lead to new friendships being made over similar quirks and interests. After all...
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”  - C.S. Lewis
 Since I think it will probably take some thought to come up with 100 random facts (I'm hoping I can come up with that many!) this blogfest will span the month of July. That should give plenty of time for anyone who wants to participate to get a post up and for people to blog hop around and make some new friends along the way:)

If you're interested in participating in this lovely blogfest simply post up your 100 random facts and then add the link to your post in the linky list below! I'll be adding a page to the Diaries for the month so people can add their links and find new blogs to check easily.

As for that important announcement. If you have been following me lately I'm sure you have noticed that I haven't been the most consistent little blogger. There has been a lot going on in my head lately that has been distracting me from this and, really, from writing in general. As a result I have decided to take a short blogging hiatus. It won't be anything extreme, hopefully I'll only be gone a week or two, just long enough for me to get some things straightened out. My heart simply has not been in my posts lately because my head is so focused else where, and both the Diaries and my beautiful followers deserve better than that.

I will still be stopping by every single blog who joins in the blogfest and I'm hoping to have my own blogfest post up sometime this week; I am really very excited about it. And I'll still be hopping around to my favorite blogs and reading and commenting as usual. I just won't be posting according to the Diary schedule until I can give it the attention it deserves.

That's all for me today. I really hope many of you will decide to join in on the blogfest; I really think it will be a great way to meet new people and make new friends out there in the crazy blogger community.

6 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Just stopping by to say hi. Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip - I'm on a quest to visit all 1,718 people who took part in the 2012 A-Z Challenge!

    Best wishes & thanks for sharing.

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Katie! I've passed along the Liebster blog award to you. Stop by my blog to check it out! http://artofinfiltration.blogspot.com/2012/07/ticking-time-bomb.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by via Kimberly Gabriel's blog - we both won the Liebster award! I think posting 100 facts about me is a great idea. I'm nervous to start and do that though ;-) Congratulations on making 100 followers - I'm going to add myself to that following, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings, Katie Conigliaro. I'm Antoni Smith. I recently found my way to your blog. I am now following you and it looks like you made it up to 107 followers. :) I hope to get to know you.
    Antoni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Antoni, I'm glad you found your way to my little neck of the woods! Hope you'll stay awhile :)

      Delete