Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Writer In You Blog Hop #5


The Writer in You Blog Hop!
This is a blog hop for all you aspiring writers out there. It is a chance to meet other writers and share tips, writing, and experiences, all while gaining new followers for your loverly blog!

I host writing marathons on Saturdays on a Facebook group called Word Wars (today will be our first marathon as well as the first blog hop! Feel free to join us here anytime!). That is partially why I decided to begin The Writer in You Blog Hop; Saturdays are a great day to sit back and write. So what better way to start a Saturday writing session than with a question that makes you think about your writing? That exactly what this blog hop will be.

The Blog Hop!
Start by adding your name to the list of blogs at the bottom of this page. Then comment on this page letting me know you've joined us!
Then write a post of your own answering the question of that week and link it back to this page; we want as many people as possible to join!
Then: start hopping! Visit as many or as few blogs as you like and be sure to leave a comment on their posts letting them know you stopped by.

The Rules!
There are only 3 rules to this blog hop:
1. Follow me, your blog hop host! Then come back every Saturday for the week's question.
2. Be consistent: Don't forget to post your answer on Saturdays! It gives fellow WIY visitors something to comment on!
3. Grab the blog hop button below and post it on your blog; spread the word!




The Writer in You Blog Hop!



Q: Do you outline your writing?


I do not make formal outlines because I never end up following it. I could plan out every single detail of a story and then when I start writing I'll think of something and be like "oh I like that!" and then suddenly everything changes and the outline is useless. I have the basic concepts planned out; I know all the important stuff that has to happen, but for the most part I just let the character go and then write down what they do.




**Note** Be sure to link to your blogs homepage rather than a specific post. The link list doesn't reset every week:)



11 comments:

  1. Great question! I apologise for missing last week's hop, I'm back today... Happy outlining and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog last week, but I didn't have time to post an entry. It is so nice to meet everyone and I am really looking forward to participating in this fun blog hop:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this week's topic! I've been meaning to do this for weeks, but was always busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accidentally added my blog url again! Can you delete one? Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been traveling and didn't get to post my answer this time around. So Sorry! I will be sure to catch up next week.

    Great question! My outline is the 1st scene, last scene, and a few important plot points. Leaves it room to transform while having general map ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I missed last week's posting! But I'm back now.

    It's totally cool to be able to write without outline. I only do minimal plotting since I may end up not following it but at least the gist of the story is there. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Michelle
    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got me out of lurking mode with this fabulous prompt, it's one that I go back and forward on as I'm blogging. Thanks for hosting.
    Emma at Http://llmcalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea. Now I'll be sure to post at least once a week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely outline. I don't always stick to it, but it helps me ensure that my characters always know where they are going, as well as why. Looking forward to tomorrow's question.

    ReplyDelete