Saturday, June 23, 2012

Writer In You Blog Hob #7

Since I just love blog hops oh so much, I decided to host one myself!

There will be no set end date to this blog hop, so whenever you find us feel free to sign up!

This is a blog hop for all you aspiring writers out there. It is a chance to meet other writers and share tips, writing, and experiences, all while gaining new followers for your loverly blog!

I host writing marathons on Saturdays on a Facebook group called Word Wars (today will be our first marathon as well as the first blog hop! Feel free to join us here anytime!). That is partially why I decided to begin The Writer in You Blog Hop; Saturdays are a great day to sit back and write. So what better way to start a Saturday writing session than with a question that makes you think about your writing? That exactly what this blog hop will be.

The Blog Hop!
Start by adding your name to the list of blogs at the bottom of this page. Then comment on this page letting me know you've joined us!
Then write a post of your own answering the question of that week and link it back to this page; we want as many people as possible to join!
Then: start hopping! Visit as many or as few blogs as you like and be sure to leave a comment on their posts letting them know you stopped by.

The Rules!
There are only 5 rules to this blog hop:
1. Follow me, your blog hop host! Then come back every Saturday for the week's question.
2. Be consistent: Don't forget to post your answer on Saturdays! It gives fellow WIY visitors something to comment on!
3. Grab the blog hop button below and post it on your blog; spread the word!
4. Post a link to your blog hop post on the linky-list below every week!
5. Visit other hoppers blogs! The whole point is to meet other writers and for everyone to gain a few followers:)




The Writer in You Blog Hop!





Have you ever had a character you intended to kill refuse to be killed?


I'll admit this weeks question stems from some personal curiosity.
My main character's mother originally was dead before the book even started. I had to move a few things around for everything to make sense which resulted in her being present for the beginning and dying shortly into the book.
Except I'm now almost 50 pages in and she's still kicking. She is determined to be a part of this story; I feel bad that I simply cannot allow it. Her death is what essentially sets the entire story in motion. She simply cannot be allowed to live. But she is trying as hard as she can. Fitting to the character really; she's a fighter and a bit of a badass. I think I might have to write a standalone about her later in her honor. Her story is quite an interesting one.
I have finally figured out how to successfully kill her, but it took me awhile. She was a stubborn one!


Join the fun! Sign up below!
If you're link doesn't appear right away, don't worry. It just takes the list a few minutes to update. 


10 comments:

  1. Unexpected question, I'm looking forward to everyone's answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting question. So far, no. Although my heroine's mother is also dead, she is still very much a central part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy,that is one heck of a question!
    I do have a character that refuses to stay dead. I write paranormal, so the ways they keep showing up are interesting....but unplanned!

    I didn't see this Saturdays post til now, was unsure if you were going to post one. So I tagged you in the 777 challenge I posted this week :) Hope you'll participate!! you can find details on your twitter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that, thanks! I plan on posting the challenge on Wednesday:)
      Isn't it interesting how the story goes into ways we never intended. They really do have a mind of their own.

      Delete
  4. It's an interesting question and unfortunately, my answer wasn't that interesting... but I tried to juice it up a bit. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie,
    Ok, so now I know I need to join the linky every week so I got that straightened out.
    I tried listing my link and I couldn't get it to work?? I guess you have figured out I am not a techie person. Lol. I will be posting the answer on my blog tomorrow and maybe by next week I'll have this blog hop thing down pat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so weird! I'm sorry you're having so many problems with it :/ but I look forward to your answer all the same:)

      Delete
    2. When I post my link, it says I need to add '

      When I add that, it just says the same thing. So what am I doing wrong ? *bangs head on keyboard*

      Delete
    3. I have no idea why its giving you so much trouble :( You should just be able to copy and paste the url from the post into it.
      I tried to do it for you but I couldn't find your post? Sorry!

      Delete
  6. I don't have the intention of killing any characters yet so no one has reached the "refused to be killed" stage. A very interesting question this week! :D

    ReplyDelete