Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dear Diaries, 3 Liebster Awards and a lot of Questions

I have had the strange luck to be tagged with the Liebster Award by 3 different people all in the matter of a few days. Crazy right?


So. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. I have to share 11 facts about me, answer 11 questions asked by the person who tagged me (which, in my case, mean 33 questions...yikes!) and then tag 11 new bloggers to answer 11 questions of my choosing.

First I'll answer the questions from Kelly over at Reading Kelly.

1. Where do you keep all of your unread books- together or scattered throughout your shelves?

My shelves are organized by series so there are some unread books mixed in with the read since I tend to buy books in a series right when they come out even if I don't have time to read them just yet. I do have one shelf that is mostly stand-alones I have yet to read, though.

2. Do your book selections vary by season?

Not really. I just read whatever sounds interesting. I guess I tend to read longer books in the summer when I have time since I don't have class. But other then that, no.

3. What is your favorite food?

Don't make me pick, pretty please? I love baked and mashed potatoes. And you can never go wrong with babyback ribs...please don't make me choose!

4. Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?

Always read them before buying a book. Its how I decide whether or not I want to read it.

5. Any quirky reading habits?

I cannot buy a book in paperback if I own another book in the same series in hardcover and vice-versa. I have yet to buy Insurgent for this exact reason..

6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?

New Zealand<3 New Zealand is Middle Earth to me and its beautiful. Plus there is no end to what you can do there. I wanna go snorkeling, and rock climbing, and, most important, the Middle Earth tour<3
I also really want to go to Italy<3 Preferably before Venice sinks..

7. When did your love of reading begin?

Goodness how tired of you are hearing this story? Haha when I was little my Dad read me The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. After that I was hooked on fantasy. I'd read anything I could get my hands on.

8. What are the best and worst books you have read lately?

I don't really think there is a "worst book" I've read because usually the only reason I don't like a book is because of my tastes, not because its a bad book. I suppose the best I've read recently would be Divergent and my least favorite recently would be Doll House. Horror and I are not friends.

9. Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?

Obviously I love to write. I also like to sketch a bit but I'm pretty much the worst drawer ever. I'm also a bit of a gamer.

10. Which do you prefer- the beginning or end of a story?

Well..beginnings are usually really slow..so I guess the end. But I also get kinda sad when I finish a really good book or read the last book in a series. You know the feeling - we all got it when we finished Harry Potter.

11. What is your fondest book memory?

I really can't pick. Harry Potter 7 will always be a favorite of mine. Hunger Games is up there too - reading the Hunger Games is what finally gave me the push I needed to take my own stories in a completely new direction. They ended my "copying Tolkien" phase and now I finally feel like my story is honestly entirely my own.

Okay I'm going to answer these questions in 3 different posts and I'll tag my blogs at the end.

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to read any of the Lord of the Rings books. Shame on me, I know.
    I just nominated you for another award, not realizing you had gotten the Liebster thrice. Sorry. Here's the link, and I would not blame you if you just ignored it: http://lilyjenness.blogspot.com/2012/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you really should! They are fabulous!
      And I never ignore an award:) I probably just won't post it up today lol. Honestly I doubt I'll finish this one today - I just haven't had time! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. New Zealand & Italy are on my bucket list :) I love to travel too!!
    I think it is a writer thing, we want to soak up and experience everything ;)

    ReplyDelete