Saturday, May 12, 2012

Disinherited is born!

As some of you know I host writing marathons on Saturdays over at the Word Wars Facebook Group. Unfortunately most of my Saturday was dedicated to planning instead of writing.

A few nights a go I was sitting in bed trying to figure out what it was about my book that wasn't quite clicking. I had changed something major in the plot that day and, even though I knew I liked it much better the new way, I was having a hard time re-working things to make it fit.

Then it hit me.

I was trying to write book 2 before I'd written book 1. There was so much backstory required for my book to make sense that it didn't make sense to have it be the first; I needed to turn the backstory into a book of its own.

So for the past few days I have been occupied trying to figure out what exactly the first book will be. I changed a lot. A LOT. And those changes will greatly impact the second book which will lead to me basically having to start writing it from scratch when I get there. But the thing is, I don't care. I really don't mind. I am so excited at what I have discovered about my books and I know they will be even better for it. I cannot wait to start working on my new book 1, which I have decided to call Disinherited.

I have just finished writing a synopsis for Disinherited and I am so excited I just had to share it with you! So here it is:)


Disinherited (Artisan Chronicles #1)


Anadilyn Kairi is a dead girl walking.


As the Artisan Lord's niece she is the only heir to the Kairi throne and, until now, no one has doubted that she is the perfect choice. But after an accident leaves her terrified of the Fire Arts, her uncle, who was once her biggest fan, decides she is no longer worthy of the throne; Kairis are supposed to be strong and fearless masters of all four Elemental Arts, whereas Anadilyn, terrified of the Fire Arts, will only use three.


No longer a suitable heir to the Artisan Lord, Anadilyn finds herself in a dangerous situation; her uncle cannot name a new heir as long as she is alive, a problem he will not hesitate to resolve. 


Anadilyn does the only thing she can to survive; she runs.


Meanwhile, civil war looms over Antara as rebel uprisings become more frequent and more violent, and the list of safe places for a runaway Kairi grows thin.


The Order of the Kairi wants her dead.


The rebels want to use her to start their civil war.


All Anadilyn wants to do is survive


Isn't it beautiful? Admittedly I suppose I may be a bit bias. I'm just so excited!

That's all for me for today! I'm off to write :)

6 comments:

  1. That sounds really good and I like the title! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited to be working on it! And thank you:) I usually have an impossible time coming up with titles but this one just kinda popped into my head haha.

      Delete
  2. Sounds very intense / awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully the final product will be too:)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. haha thanks:) Not necessarily a well written synopsis lol but it gives you the idea :P

      Delete