Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Diaries...I thought this was going to be a short post..

Dear Diaries,

I can't say that I have all too much to share this week. I imagine most of your reactions to the idea of me not having much to say might have been something like this:




Shocking, I know. But its true.
What's that? You think I just wanted an excuse to put the 10th Doctor in a blog post?
Pssh....
But really, the week has been rather hectic with me trying to figure out some life stuff so I neglected the literary world a tad...I apologize. It won't happen again. Swear!

I will say that I picked up some awesome books about writing this past week that I cannot wait to share with you! But I want to read the books completely first so I can accurately tell you why you should run out this very second to buy them:)

Sneak peak? The first one is On Writing by Stephen King. :)

Personally I can't read King's stuff - I'm too big of a wimp and not afraid to admit it!- but I still know that he is an excellent person to be listening to when it comes to living the life of a writer. So far I love it! More to come:)

Disinherited is coming along quite well. Slowly- but well. I am having so much fun writing it and hopefully someday some of you will have fun reading it! My new goal is to have the first draft finished by the end of June:) I won't be participating in the June session of Camp NaNo so to speak, because I will be working on Disinherited which I have obviously already started, but I will being using it as my motivation to write nonetheless:)

Lastly, this week I may be posting a review on Saturday. I had a review request that the author requested be posted by Friday, which I hadn't expected to be a problem initially. But I had a very super simple surgery done today (seriously simple, nothing to worry about) and the anesthetics made it rather difficult to read today so I'm not sure that I'll have it quite done on time for Friday reviews. Be sure that I am still going to try! But its not fair to make the author wait another week for the review because of unforeseen circumstances so one way or another the review will be up this weekend. In addition I will also be reviewing Graceling by Kristin Cashore:)

I think that's just about everything for today...







I lied! I do have some exciting news! Thank you Jennifer!
The Diaries will be participating in a few upcoming blog tours, the first of which being the:


YAY! I will be hosting on June 29th with a review and I believe a t-shirt giveaway! So be sure to be looking for that and for the other blogs participating in the tour:)

I will also be participating in a tour for The Orphan, The Soulcathcer, and The Black Blizzard by Kimberlee Ann Bastian - I believe I am hosting on June 25th with a guest post from the author:) But I do not have a button for that one yet.

I have also signed up for one in August for a book entitled Red Leaves and the Living Token. This tour is not until August, though, so I have very few (erm..no) details as of yet. Stay tuned!

That is actually all I have today. Hope everyone is having a lovely week!



5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for your review on Graceling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it:) That one will be posted on Friday as scheduled if its the last thing I do!

      Delete
  2. I hope your surgery went well! I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

    Also, I'm glad to hear that Disinherited is coming along so well! Yay for you! :D

    I'm looking forward to your review of Graceling, since I personally really liked it. :D And how cool that you're participating in those blog tours, that's awesome! Out of curiosity, how did you end up included on the tours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was basically nothing. The only real recovering I had to do was waiting for the anesthetic to wear off lol.

    Thank you! I really love where it is going!

    For The Orphan, The Soulcathcer, and The Black Blizzard I was emailed by a blogger who sets up blog tours and invited to look through the upcoming tours to see if I was interested in any of them. If you want to see if you'd be interested in any of her upcoming tours you can check out her blog here: http://www.yanovelreader.com/ :) She has them all listed along with open dates.

    For the author 2 I was contacted directly by the authors through my review request form. I'm pretty sure both of them found me via goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool about the book tours! I'm kind of interested in blog tours, but I don't think I'll look into hosting them right now. Right now, I only recommend books that I really enjoyed on my blog, and there's no guarantee that I'd love the book on the book tour...and I'd feel bad writing a bad review. So until I figure out how I feel about that, I don't think I'll be joining in - but I think it's pretty awesome that you're going to be a part of those tours! I hope you enjoy yourself when it's your turn to host! :D

      Delete