Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dear Diaries, I've been given the Booker Award!

Dear Diaries,

Lily over at Lily's Notes in the Margins has so kindly given me The Booker Award. Thanks so much!

Rules of the award are:

This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay)
You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.

So for my top favorite books ever (could there be a more impossible question?) we have, not in any order:

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (more specifically Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows)
The Blood Confession by Alisa Libby
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

I could literally go on forever...but I will spare you all the list of my personal library :P

Now to give this award to a few other lovely book bloggers:)
Isalys and Vanessa at Book Soulmates
Cat and Jamie at Addicted2Heroines
Kelley Lynn at Between the Bookends

Thanks again Lily! :)

In other news: I have officially watched every episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. My first reaction to finishing the show was something like this...

Photobucket

It has become quite the little obsession of mine- what am I supposed to do now that I've watched it all??

If you have never watched it, you simply must. The plot is among the best I have ever seen or read - which is really saying something. Plus I have a huge crush on all of the following:
                            Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Greed/Lin Yao (Greed 2.0 as I like to call him)


And, of course, the biggest badass of them all:

Colonel Roy Mustang the Flame Alchemist
He's about as boss as they come.
Now I suppose the healthy thing to do would be to say "wow that was an amazing show!" and move on with my life. But....instead I have started watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist because the story lines are completely different and it means I get more of my favorite people! Except Greed 2.0 - he will not be making an appearance :(

There's a little peak into what I've been doing with my life in recent days; exciting right? But, I assure you, totally worth it!


15 comments:

  1. Aww...congrats! I like your blog and it so deserves every award in the book world. Also, i'm a fan of fullmetal as well...good for you for finishing the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks:) Congrats to you as well! And I'm glad you like the Diaries!

      FMA is pretty much the best thing Anime has ever given me..and I'm a huge Inuyasha fan so that's saying something haha.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for awarding me!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the award and for supporting our blog :)

    Hugs,
    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm a long time follower:)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! We have the same taste in books :D Have you ever watched evangeline? That is one of my favorite anime series! I have only watched a few FMA but they were quite interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not but I'll have to look into it! I honestly really love anime. I can't read manga- the pictures are too distracting I'd rather just read a book lol - but anime I can do, especially considering I have officially given up all hope on the future of American cartoons. Japan knows whats up!

      Inuyasha is another favorite of mine (anxiously waiting for them to start dubbing the rest of it...) and my boyfriend just started me on Death Note which, so far, is rather intriguing lol.

      Delete
  4. Oh how fun!!! Thank you so much my dear! Can't wait to pass it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for giving me this award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You deserve it!:)

      Delete
  6. Hey Katie - I'll come back and read this full post soon, but I just wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway! Congrats! I sent you an email yesterday, but I need to get a response from you within 48 hours. :)

    Congratulations once again - can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I never win anything so that's exciting:) Thanks!
      I never got an e-mail though :( I'll go back and check but I'm pretty sure I never got one. What email did you send it to?
      Thanks Taylor!

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome, so glad you won this time! :D I sent you a reply through Goodreads to straighten out the details. Congrats again!

      Delete
  7. Awww... thank you! :) Great favorite book choices - I have some of the same! Of course, LOTR is on my favorites. :) I will have to put this on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete