Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dear Diaries, Come to Camp with Me?

Dear Diaries,

I GOT A JOB!! It really is very exciting:)
I will be working as a writing consultant in the GVSU Writing Center and I could not be more excited! This is exactly the type of job I was made for, so I cannot wait to get started!
I'll be helping other students work through their papers for class, since apparently not everyone likes writing as much as I do - weird right?
I should mention that this will be my first job, ever, so that makes it about 10x as exciting:)

Deep breaths. Okay. Moving on!

I will be participating in both the June and August sessions of Camp NaNoWriMo (for those who may not know, that stands for National Novel Writing Month. NaNoWriMo is in November, but this is summer camp!) Interested in going to Camp NaNoWriMo yourself? Do it!

If you direct your attention to the right of you screen you will find a lovely widget that will allow you to donate to my Camp NaNoWriMo sponsorship page. All donations will be going to the Office of Letters and Light which is the amazing program that runs and funds all NaNoWriMo events as well as countless other free writing programs for teens and adults. As an aspiring writer myself I can personally tell you that their programs are amazing as far as bringing writers from all around together and providing the inspiration that is often so elusive. These programs are very important to me and hundreds of thousands of other writers, so your support is greatly appreciated.

The bout of books read-a-thon is underway and I, of course, have fallen a tad behind. If I can finish Pandora's Key today (no problem) and either finish or read most of Glass today, then I should be back on track! 

I decided it would be easier just to post today's challenge in this post so...here ya go!

Today's challenge is brought to you by: Books Devoured
She has challenged us to re-title a book based on its cover. I think this might be my favorite so far:)

I chose Shine by Lauren Myracle (which just so happens to be one my list for the week!).
Except I have decided to re-title it: First to Fall
Why? Dunno, just felt right :P

6 comments:

  1. That title is just as lovely as the original title. Happy Reading!!
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job! Sounds like a lot of fun.

    Good luck with Camp NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm rather excited:)

      And thank you! You too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the job! That sounds like a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it!

    Good luck with Camp NaNoWriMo, both of them! I'm thinking of maybe doing August since I'll be busy during June. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Nothing like helping other people with their writing to make mine even better:) Plus its one of the only jobs on campus where you're guaranteed to have work hours every week lol.

      Thanks:) June really is rushing up on me so I think I might end up using that one to finish Disinherited and then start on the sequel. But who knows? Maybe I'll get randomly inspired and get Disinherited done after all!

      Delete