Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bonus Post: Read-A-Thon!

Dear Diaries,

I have decided to partake in the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon taking place next week! I just had to tell you.


The read-a-thon runs from 5/14 to 5/20 and its not to late to sign up! Just head on over to the Bout of Books Blog for all the details :)

In addition to the read-a-thon a number of bloggers will also be hosting challenges and giveaways for all those participating:

Saturday: Smash and Stephanie - Book Poetry 
Sunday: No challenge (Kelsey and Jen D giveaways)

Who doesn't love free stuff?

I have decided to set my goal at 5 books over the week. That should be no problem right? And the books I hope to read are:

Divergent by Veronica Roth (only if I'm not done by then)
Pandora's Key by Nancy Richardson Fischer
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Shine by Lauren Myracle
Glass by Ellen Hopkins
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Hopefully after next week I'll be at least mostly caught up on all the viral books I've gotten behind on. Yay!


I will be updating my progress via twitter, so if you would like to join me on this little quest head on over to the twitter feed on the right and follow me!

Anyone else participating? What is your goal for the week?

19 comments:

  1. Girl you've chosen some big books there!
    But you can do it!!
    -martha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I hope so! I'm actually going to switch Divergent out for Shanghai Girls by Lisa See and I'm gonna read Divergent between now and Sunday instead.
      And Glass is pretty big but its really just a long poem so it'll be no big:)
      I'm so excited!

      Delete
  2. You will absolutely love Glass! Good luck!

    Doodle @ Doodle's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you joining us. This is my first time so I'm pretty excited. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and good luck! It's gonna be an awesome week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both have Graceling on our lists! I'm hoping to read all three of that series though. Divergent and Delirium are really good! I wish you luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually hoping to have Divergent done before the week starts but if not finishing up will be goal one!:) And I started Delirium awhile ago and just never got around to keep reading it. The beginning is pretty slow- but I've heard it really picks up so I'm going for another try.
      I'm really excited to read Graceling! I hope its as good as everyone says.

      Delete
  6. Best of luck reading your five books! I also have Graceling on my TBR list for bout of books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent book choices! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really good book choices and totally doable goal!!

    GOOD LUCK =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goals! Those look like some great books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Divergent and I have Delirium, Graceling and Shine on my tbr list. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! Love Ellen Hopkins, great choices!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely loved Divergent, Delirium, and Graceling! Those are all great reads! I really need to read Shine by Lauren Myracle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your goals and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh lots of good looking books to read!! Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome list! I have a feeling that you might add Insurgent to your list if you end up liking Divergent :) Have fun!

    My readathon goals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh! Some of those books are on my wishlist. Good luck!

    Here are my goals"

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/bout-of-books-read-thon-40.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete