Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beating the Slump

So as you probably noticed I never did get around to doing the last week of the challenge. Seems like such a waste to go all month then lose it in the last week doesn't it? Sigh.

I had honestly intended on finishing it up after I got home from school, but then with the unpacking and the being incredibly lazy from the lack of homework and studying to do...well.

I fell into a bit of a slump recently. Probably starting about the week before finals and continuing over into the beginning of "summer". Since I've been home I have had very little motivation to do anything. I've been sleeping much later than I usually do and just... not doing anything. I haven't written a single word of my WIP in almost 3 weeks. That is unacceptable. So since I'm not working yet, and most places won't start interviewing for summer until the end of the month, I have decided to set a rather rigorous goal for the month. I want a finished rough draft, no matter how horrible a rough draft it will inevitably be, by June first. Now, logically this is going to be extremely difficult. But I need something to work towards to get myself out of this, so that's what I'm going to do!

I am also going to start on my new blogging schedule as of this week. Seeings how I actually have quite a few followers now I think it would be best to organize my blogging rather than just randomly posting; I think it will lead to a much healthier blog:)

I would love to tell you what that schedule is, but I think I'll keep it a surprise until I start. You think I just haven't decided what the schedule is yet? What a ridiculous accusation....

Happy writing everyone! And wish me luck!

1 comment: