Friday, May 11, 2012

Another Blog Hop! Friday Follow/Feature #1

Well I'm just full of bonus posts this week aren't I?

First I will update that I just finished Gone last night (or Thursday morning..whatever you call 3am) and my review will be up sometime this afternoon. I am going to (attempt) to make a point to post my reviews fairly early on Fridays - it'll give anyone interested enough time to run out and buy the book to read over the weekend ;)

Secondly, my addiction for blog hops has led me to sign up for yet another one!


I'm hoping they don't disqualify me for books only being one thing I blog about...shhhh:)
Although, technically, all I write about is books; the majority of them just aren't published yet :P

Anywho...on to this weeks blog hop question!

Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother’s Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

Yikes! That is a tricky question. Oddly enough most books I read don't have much of a relationship between the character and their mother - for some reason authors I read have a tendency to kill off parents. How original, right? (I say the day after I post about writing the scene in which my MC relives her mother's death in a dream...well...it was necessary...:P)
Hmm..goodness I can't even think of one..

I think Harry Potter should count. Lily may have died when Harry was only a baby, but she died protecting him and that sacrifice continued to protect him for 17 years. I'd call that a pretty strong relationship! And then she appears again in book 7 to comfort him as he walks knowingly to his own death.


She gave her life to save him, and then walked with him to his own death.
Even death couldn't separate her from her son forever.
And that, my friends, is dedication.

22 comments:

  1. Hey! I was going to say Lily as well, only I thought I've written too much about the HP books :) But I totally agree with you! Lily was an awesome mother, even when no longer alive :)

    I'm a new GFC follower!

    Stop by My Follow Friday and follow back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha she was the only one I could think of!
      I suppose I could have also included Molly with her always amazing "Not my daughter you BITCH!"
      I'll be dropping by:)

      Delete
  2. Great choice! I could not agree more... I love Lily, and I love HP. I’m a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say hi! :)

    Feel free to check out my post and follow too!


    My FF Post

    -Riya (The Teen Book Guru)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And will do:)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I didn't think about Lily in HP, I agree with you as well.

    Here's mine if you want to check it out http://www.nazishreads.net/anime-and-manga/follow-friday-17/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to get there myself lol. I just sat staring at my bookshelf looking for anything that mother was present in, lol.
      Thanks for stopping by! I'll be seeing you soon :)

      Delete
  4. Exactly! Most of the mother in the books I read are either dead or absent.

    New follower via GFC!

    Here's our FF

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about mother's dying? Although again I suppose I have no room to talk haha I killed off the mom in my book too. But sometimes it really is necessary! :P
      I'll be stopping by!:)

      Delete
  5. I forgot about Harry Potter. I saw someone else had Mrs. Weasley down. Such good answers. His mom really did give the ultimate sacrifice. If that's not love idk what is lol. My Feature & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good choice.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily is a great choice. New follower. Thanks for stopping by our FF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this question a little challenging at first too. I wouldn't have thought of Harry's mom, but she's a good example.

    New follower. Here’s my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lily Potter, along with Molly Weasley, was one of our picks, too. I love the scene between Harry and Lily in Deathly Hallows when she tells him how brave he's been. Great choice!

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice, wish I'd thought of that one, Haha. New follower! Check out my FF? come and say hi!
    www.dogearedandcoffeestained.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was hard to think of an answer for this one and now that I see Harry Potter answers, I can't believe I didn't think of that one. lol. Thanks for stopping by.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice! You can see my FF post here

    New follower :) Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is such a wonderful choice!

    And yes, you do have a point there, I've never thought of it.

    Harry's mom forever!

    Happy FF, I'm a new follower, thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a pretty tough question but I wish I'd thought of Lily Potter, she is the perfect example :)

    Here's my Follow Friday , hope you'll stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I love the answer of Lily!!

    new follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey FD!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Feel free to come by anytime! :)

    Love your answer, and your blog! I'm a new follower of yours!!! :D

    J.B.
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete