Sunday, April 22, 2012

S is for: Siblings

S is for siblings, of which I have six.

As I mentioned in my D is for divorce post both of my parents remarried. Well, both of the people they married had kids of their own. I went from being the oldest of two to being the second youngest of six; admittedly that kind of sucked. No my siblings and I do not always get along, but I love them anyway :)

The only sibling I am blood related to is my little brother Peter; that kid is going to rule the world one day, I swear. You know how usually the younger sibling is stuck growing up in their older siblings shadow? It was the other way around in my family. He was a walking calculator at 5 years old and has turned out to be a ridiculous musical prodigy. Seriously, he will be writing scores for movies one day and those scores will be winning Academies. He has had the biggest impact me out of all of them for obvious reasons. Whenever I'm excited about a new story idea I'll excitedly rant about it to him on facebook and he never fails to make me ever more excited to write it, which is impressive considering he rarely reads (:P).

All of my siblings are great. Two of them, Ashleigh and Andrew, have beautiful kids (Andrew's son Connor looks just like the little kid from Meet the Robinsons, I swear). My oldest brother Josh is "married" to an amazing man and they deserve all the happiness in the world regardless of what any ridiculous law might say. Wes was the one who gave me the true "big brother" experience; he once through me in the snow across the street, sans shoes and coat, and locked me out of the house. But he's pretty cool anyway :P. And Tab..well Tab is just downright awesome.

Basically my siblings are cooler than yours, and you should all be jealous ;)

10 comments:

  1. Those sounds like some awesome siblings. I love my siblings, two blood siblings and two adopted siblings that are much younger. I might beg to differ because my siblings are pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool.

    I enjoy hanging out with my brothers and sisters too. We are just all in different parts of the country now.

    I am trying to read all the A to Z blogs, but coming back to the ones I really like.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

    Tim
    The Other Side
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom was 3rd out of 9 kids. :) Must be fun having lots of siblings:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had sublingS. I have one sibling and its dreadfully boring lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in from the A to Z Challenge to say hello! And I love my three siblings, even though we are a bit scattered across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just the one sibling (younger sister). As cool as it would be to have more, I don't think anyone could rival her awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Siblings are pretty awesome aren't they? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom was the oldest of 10 kids. She didn't think that was much fun. I just have one brother. Neither one of us are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I have none, you win, hands down! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I came from a larger family :-(

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete