Friday, April 20, 2012

Q is for: Quill

No I do not have some awesome story about how a quill put me on the path towards writing. But I do have a quill. And it is awesome. :)

Isn't it cool? Handmade in Italy:)

As you may have noticed from my journal (erm..notebook) post I have a love for writing things out. I love my macbook and my loverly lime green dell and all, but there is something simply beautiful about writing things out by hand that typing cannot compare to. I eventually want to learn calligraphy and to make my writing all pretty, but for now I settle for my simple handwriting and my favorite pen or, in this case, quill:)

Its definitely an adjustment writing with it, but I love it. I love the way my writing looks when I use it. Sometimes I use a little too much and the ink blurs my letters, sometimes ink drips onto a page. I know a lot of people who would hate that, but I love it. The journal I use it to write in, my personal writing journal which I use to document my own feelings about my writing and to keep myself motivated, is a beautiful mess. Joe laughs and says he can't read any of it (granted he can't read anything in cursive let alone cursive via quill) but who cares? I'm the only one who has to read it. And I love the little imperfections the quill leaves. Plus, you just feel cool when you write with a quill. :)

If you have never tried writing with a quill I definitely recommend it, even if it be just for fun. They are not all that expensive, unless you want a really good one of course. They take a bit of getting used to, but they are wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quill! I've never tried writing with a quill before, but I love to hand-write things and I'll have to try one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered mine from BarnesandNoble.com and it was only like $18 I think. And it comes with a vial of ink that is supposedly blue but its so dark that it looks black haha. I love it:)

      Delete
  2. Quill pens are cool. I have on also, still can't write with it.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete