Friday, April 20, 2012

P is for: Parents

I've been a terrible A to Z'er. In my defense this upcoming week is exam week for me so I've been fairly busy with everything for my classes. But two days late and without further ado, P is for: parents!

In my B post I mentioned that I owe someone a very big thanks for giving me my love of reading. Well, that person would be my Dad. When I was little my Dad used to read to me all the time, and one of the things he read to me was The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. And that was it. That was the beginning of my reading addiction which eventually led to my passion for writing.

I was fairly young the first time my Dad read me The Hobbit, but I distinctly remember the part with gollum and his riddles was my favorite.

After my love of writing popped up my Mom encouraged it more than anyone. From the very beginning she has been saying I was meant to be a writer, it just took me awhile to realize she might be right. I remember one time she was doing something on our old computer and she found a bunch of half started stories I had written as a kid; she came downstairs half in tears and made me promise never to stop writing. And I do not intend to.

I'm terribly sorry that this post was late, but I really want to thank you both for everything you have done for me. <3

5 comments:

  1. My dad used to tell me stories and read us stories at bedtime. My mom made up the dime boat. It was a story about Princess Krista, my siblings and I. We had this magical boat that we would put a dime into and it could take us anywhere. My parents helped me love stories too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome! I wish I had a boat like that:)

      Delete
  2. Hello, Katie! This is such a sweet post. Your parents sound amazing! My parents encouraged reading and my writing, too. We're blessed to have that kind of support system!

    Have a lovely weekend and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) And they really are! I know not everyone within my dream gets the same type of support from their family so I am very lucky. I'm glad you are too:)

      Delete
    2. thanks Bug.
      8-D=

      Delete