Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for: Kortnee Henski

We are cooler than all of you. The end.

But really, this girl has probably had more impact on who I am than anyone. We have been friends since before either of our younger brothers were born, and since before either of us could talk. Until kindergarten she lived right next door, so most of the pictures of me from then have her right there next to me (usually making some ridiculous face).

If there had to be a negative to moving to Davison, it would be moving away from Korts. We went from 10 years of being completely inseparable to seeing each other only once or twice a year, which really is kind of ridiculous considering I only moved like 30 minutes away. We were only 10 years old when I moved; most kids that young would have drifted once they weren't seeing each other at school every day, but not us (like I said, we're cooler than all of you ;) ).

Nine years later and Kortnee is still the best friend I could ever, and will ever, have.  In fact, "best friends" is an insult to our relationship; we usually just tell people we're sisters and then laugh when people get confused and think we are actually related.

We are pretty much the perfect example of yin and yang. She is the princess; her favorite color was pink for a very long time, she loves wearing dresses, etc. I am much more the geek of our relationship; always been a gamer, always hated pink, and you will rarely catch me in a dress or a skirt. We are completely opposite in so many ways, but we fit together perfectly (personally I think sarcasm and being obnoxious is the glue there).

No matter what is going on, no matter how upset I might be, she is the one person who can always get me laughing in a matter of seconds. Seriously, I could be bawling my eyes out and this girl could get me to laugh; it has been tested. She is always there to listen to me rant about whatever is going on, and is always more than happy to return the favor in the form of novel-length facebook messages about how the world is driving her crazy.

Kortnee Henski is my absolute best friend in the world. She is one of the few people who can handle how crazy I am, one of the even fewer people who are crazier than me, and the only person who really understands why I am the way that I am (mostly because its all her fault). I have no idea what I would have turned out like if I hadn't spent the vast majority of my childhood with her, but I know I would not be who I am. And, if she hadn't grown up with me, she probably wouldn't be terrified of owls; but that's a story for another time :P

Kortnee is the psycho to my crazy. I have no idea what I would do without her.

5 comments:

  1. That is a really great tribute to your friend... err, sister. :) I have a friend that I've known since we were ten and I moved 45 miles away. We are still very good friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's pretty awesome I think I'll keep her haha. And that's awesome! It doesn't happen very often.

      Delete
  2. Aw! That is amazing to have a friend like this. My bf is my cousin so I've known her my entire life and me and her are also a perfect example of yin and yang--we're kinda the same person, actually...but we still balance each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post - on your friend. I too have one of those friends, since HS going on 30 years now. One of those friends who knows all your history and you dont have to explain things at all - they just know. I hope you too keep your friendship for as long - and longer! Nice to be on the A to Z with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs a best friend. Mine is my husband of 25 years.

    ReplyDelete