Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for: Joseph Harris


Joe is my wonderful boyfriend. We have been together for almost two and a half years and I am ridiculously lucky to have him. I think the picture represents us and our relationship rather perfectly (we're probably the most obnoxiously silly couple you'll ever meet).

I could probably go on forever about how awesome this kid is, but I will spare you that. I will say how amazingly happy he makes me and that I am quite positive he makes me laugh harder than anyone else. He's a huge geek and I love him for it. I think he is the only person I know who is more easily amused than me; I firmly believe he is a 10 year old in a 22 year old's body. He makes me happy in so many ways for so many different reasons, but the most important is that he honestly loves me for exactly who I am.

All those lovely traits of mine I talked about in yesterday's post, this boy somehow finds endearing, or at least he claims to, which is still impressive. I can be as ridiculous as I want in front of him and he just smiles and laughs. He loves me for all my crazy; what more could I ask for?

Joe was the one who made me believe I could be a writing major. He is the one I talked to for hours about all my doubts and fears, but also about how badly I wanted to be a writer. If it weren't for him I'm not sure that I would have had the courage to declare myself a writing major, or at least not from the very beginning. I could never thank him enough for that.

Since the day started talking Joe has done nothing but encourage my dreams of being a writer. He was the first person outside my family who I let read a draft of a former WIP (which will now never see the light of day) and he has since become my go-to for first draft frustrations. More important than anything, though, Joe always believes in me even when I don't believe in myself. If I ever start doubting that I could actually do this, that I could actually be a real writer with real books, he is always there to pick me back up; I know he would never let me give up on my dreams anymore than I would let him give up on his.

Since he is my honorary topic of the day I think its only fair that I mention he is also participating in the A to Z Challenge. His loverly blog, where he is watching Netflix from A to Z, can be found right here:)


2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I am glad you have found someone who supports your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! It's so important to have someone who believes in you. And he sounds lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete