Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for: Imperfections


I firmly believe in the phrase "perfectly imperfect"; its our silly little imperfections that make us who we are. Where many people spend their lives trying to appear perfect, I do my very best to embrace my imperfections, though it is only fair to note that I don't always succeed.

So lets see, I'm a horrible procrastinator, but who isn't, right? I am extremely stubborn, which some people I know would definitely call a flaw of mine, though I do not necessarily agree (because I'm just so damn stubborn). I get frustrated fairly easily and I am prone to overreacting when it comes to things, or people, I care about (admittedly I'm working on that one). Sure all of these things frustrate some people, and they are certainly not all admirable traits, but they are a part of what makes me, me.

I am far from anyone's definition of perfect; but my imperfections make me perfectly me. Besides, everybody has things about them that other people can like and appreciate, but the people who love you for (can deal with) all of your imperfections are the people who really matter.

5 comments:

  1. Its people who find your "imperfections" endearing, and part of what makes you perfectly suitable for them are the people who make life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! Perfection is boring... Think about your characters, you want them to be flawed and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! Imperfections really make us each different and who we are. I'd rather have imperfections than be the same as everyone else. I like who I am and I'd only want to be me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! Years ago I used to make Stained glass windows, it was the colour of the glass that drew me in with all its imperfections and when the sun light pours through the finished glass panel and casts a rainbow shadow there is no imperfection to be seen! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

    @1_Lovelife
    http://www.1lovelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete