Saturday, March 31, 2012

Newsworthy Nails

Whether you are writing obsessed, a lover of literature, or are just looking for a new way to do your nails, you simply must try this!

A not so great webcam pic of my finished nails:)

I would give credit to whoever came up with this ingenius idea, but I stole this from someone on facebook and have no idea where they got it from. So I'll settle for telling you I didn't come up with this on my own, though I wish I had.

Creating the look is really simple. All you need is:
  • White nail polish-though I am sure a beige would work too
  • 10 Newspaper clippings
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Top coat polish
Paint your nails white (or beige) and let them dry. Make sure to let them dry completely before going on. Once your nails are dry pour some rubbing alcohol into the bottle cap and dip a newspaper clipping in it. Once its soaked in the alcohol press it to your nails and hold it there for a few seconds. Repeat with the rest of your nails and then let them all dry. Once you are sure they are completely dry put a top coat on them to seal the newsprint and voila, newsprint nails!
You can try to pick out specific words if you want but keep in mind they will show up backwards on your nails.

Definitely give these a try the next time you go to do your nails. They are super simple and everyone will want to know how you did it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment