Thursday, March 22, 2012

May the Odds be Ever in your Favor

Can I just how pumped I am for The Hunger Games movie tomorrow night?  I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a movie premiere.
I just recently read the trilogy and was immediately hooked. I read the first book my last day in Florida over spring break and the first thing I did when my plane landed was as my Mom to take me to Barnes and Nobles where I bought the box set. I had the trilogy finished before the end of the week. If you have not read these books I cannot recommend them enough!
For those of you who have been living under a rock and have missed the constant previews for the movie, The Hunger Games takes place in the country of Panem in the ruins of what used to be North America. Once a year the Capitol requires that each of the 12 districts send one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to participate as tributes in the annual Hunger Games where they will fight to the death until only one remains. In this year's reaping, the drawing of the names to determine who will be the tributes, 16 year old Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take the place of her 12 year old sister, Prim, whose name is drawn.
This book, along with the other two in the trilogy, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, were a fresh of breath air for me, something completely different from anything I have read. I had been having a hard time getting any ideas for my writing and had been getting somewhat discouraged. Now, after reading the books, the ideas seem to be coming constantly. Maybe it could do the same for you.
Basically these books are amazing and the movie, which I will be standing in line for in roughly 5 hours, is sure to match. They are an absolute must read. And I beg of you all, do not go see the movie without reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment